Monday, May 17, 2010

Dilemma


Is it more sensible to: pay an extra amount for the name of the joaillerie (note, not bijoux) OR pay the same amount to get more out of the jewellery, in this case, gold?

I was browsing for la bague, oui, la bague. I then stumbled upon Cartier (well, I wanted to go in to have a look at their love collection tbh), I love the weight of the rose gold ring! Of course, the one without diamond. I had had a look at other jewellers but they all felt very flimsy and the finishes are all very poor. The band has the thickness of less than 2mm, can you believe it?!


Isn't it lovely? It is designed as a unisex ring, so both parties are able to wear it. I know nowadays it is fashionable to wear white gold/platinum (according to my mum) but I still think for my very warm skin tone it is better to wear gold, despite the fact that most people think it is tacky. Platinum/white gold is just way too harsh but it might look better on paler European skin?

Another item that I am absolutely in love with (which is not available in Mikimoto, Pavilion KL)...


Yes I am a sucker for pearls! It is organic, it doesn't have the stain of blood all over it, why not? I still have no idea why diamonds are girls' best friends!

Shame it doesn't come in gold (it is in a white gold band though)...I think the purple/pink stone would go very well with a gold band.

Damn I so want to wear it and show it off in front of la "bit-ach" to take the piss and to shut her mouth up!


0 comments:

Post a Comment